Re: Sandisk flash RAM cards on the Omnigo?

Asher Hoskins (asher@prl.research.philips.com)
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 14:15:21 +0100

Stephen Cho <scho@chem.stanford.edu> wrote:
>I'm using the SansDisk ATA 4Mb flash card in my OGO120. It's low power,
>comprable to the MagicRam ATA flash cards. It's probably a little higher
>than the SRAM cards, however power is only drawn when you read/write to the
>card.

Good, this looks like the card to get then.

A few more questions before I buy one though:

Do you get any pause when you switch your Og on (as has been described by
some people using SRAM cards on this list recently)?
Do I need to install any drivers on the Og before I can use a flash card?
Does the card need formatting before use?
If I create \GEOWORKS\WORLD and \GEOWORKS\DOCUMENT on the card will Geos
directory spanning work so that I can keep some of my files on the Og and
some on the card?

Is this information in a FAQ anywhere? I'd be willing to stick this sort
of information together and put it up on my web site if there was a demand.

Asher.