Re: Oil on my screen?

Peter J. Claus (pclaus@haywire.csuhayward.edu)
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 06:26:58 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Frank,

I have had the same problem for a long time. I also asked the list for
comments, but didn't receive any explanations other than to return it
while it was still under warrantee.

However, I think the problem may be temperature-related. It doesn't seem
to be on the screen if the room temperature is above 70 degrees or so. In
the Bay Area many houses (eg. mine) do not use central heating unless it
gets below 60 or so. So I find that in the early morning and late night
that oil slick appears, but disappears during the warmer times of the day.

It could also be light-related, but I don't think so.

Peter