Re: Not dead, only resting

Marc DeVinney (Marc.DeVinney@rockdal.aud.alcatel.com)
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:18:20 -0500

Dave,

I believe the problem that you have is that the memory contents got
corrupted when both the main and backup batteries dropped below the
level to maintain the RAM logic levels. If you'll go back to the startup
procedure in the Ogo manual, you'll see that it instructs you to insert
the main batteries before the backup batteries. Inserting the backup
battery into an uninitialized unit approximates what happened to you
here.

The reset button on the bottom won't normally erase the data in the unit
if it is usable.

MED.