Re: Format of JOTTER.000 database

Steve Korson (skorson@asic.sc.ti.com)
Tue, 13 May 1997 13:18:46 -0500 (CDT)

Corne,

Thank you for the tip. Actually, I already have these documents, and
I thank Andrew Gryc immensely.

However, they are lacking:

1. Information on the user defined fields of the various ?DB formats:
GDB, ADB, PDB, NDB etc.
2. He indicates that the notebook (NDB) database is slightly different
from the general and phone databases (GDB). Frankly, I have been able
to unpack them without difficulty, but am not sure if I am missing
something.
3. I have not found *any* reference to the format of INK data. I have
discovered that it is stuffed as a user defined field in the various
databases, but I cannot discern how it is stored. (I gather it uses
some sort of compression, but I am not an expert on this. It does not
seem to follow the GIF(89) standard. I also have no idea how the INK
information is associated with its specific note text.
4. The jotter file I believe is a GEOS file. I am thinking that the
INK format used by HP is probably that used by the JOTTER DB. If
anyone has access to the SDK or some such development tool, could
you let me know if that is in there? I would be willing to part with
the $99 if I knew it had what I wanted.

I am still working on this, and any additional information is
appreciated. If anyone knows of *ANY* possible leads, I would
appreciate it.

ps. John,

I also like your idea. Another poster indicated that he was neither
an engineer nor a venture capitalist. Well, I am certainly am an engineer
and would consider being a venture capitalist if you had more details.

Regards,
Steve
Steve Korson Texas Instruments ASIC
Design for Re-use System Level Integration
Email: s-korson@ti.com Phone: (972) 480-4031
MSG: SPK9 Pager: (214) 598-1531