Re: Okay

Wayne Venables (wvenable@sfu.ca)
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 13:30:19 -0800

At 12:49 PM 3/22/97 -0700, you wrote:

>1) Is there any good games (I do me good) out there? I have like columns
>and stuff, that's not too bad. But the HP48g calculator has better games
>than the omnigo, and that's just not right. :) Anyways, I like to have
>games for those long flights. Solitare is still my favorite,
>unfortunately.

Strategy games from Geoworks (also comes with connectivity pack). See
www.geoworks.com for more information. I doubt that many people are making
shareware games, just not enough programmers.

>2) What serial port does the ogo operate on? Is it com1? I'm trying to
>get modeme to work, and it just doesn't. Here is what I have done:

Yup it is COM1... Remember that you can use the CD line on the Omnigo and
communications software may have to be adjusted.

>5) Someone said I could use stacker on the ram cards.

That was me.

>Could I use it on the ogo's main storage?

Probably not, Stacker needs a minimum amount of space to stack, I think
it is 720k.

>And is it really a version of stacker, because if
>I recall, I used to use stacker, and the program itself was at least a meg
>or two. So...?

All you need is Stacker.com (around 40k). To create the stacker driver
you also need STACPALM.EXE which is at most 100k, probably less.

Later,
Wayne Venables Computing Science
Singularity Solutions Simon Fraser University
wvenable@sfu.ca Burnaby, BC, Canada