Re: Thanks lots and travelling ogo

Glen_Wilson@akamail.com
Sun, 19 Jan 1997 22:35:22 GMT

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997 19:43:55 +0000,=20
Steven Brice <steven@ellsom.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>cut>
>3. If the backup battery is good you can change the batts without a mem
>wipe, get professional batt ie duracell, energiser. I tried
>rechargeables but as soon as they went the ogo would not swicth on and I
>had to do a hard reset. One big tip is to chage the batts when they are
>still on the second block. These mabee obvious but I found them out the
>hard way, having my mem wiped 4 times

I have been keeping track of the life of various batteries on my
Omnigo 100 and when complete will send it to this list. I agree with
your statements above except that Ni-cad rechargables seem fine
providing you follow your own advice above. Their life seems to be
about 3hrs (700ma cells) and MUST be replaced with charged cells as
soon as the bar graph reaches 2 (a program to warn about this would be
nice), if the cells are near 2-3 on the bar graph (ie. over about 2
3/4 hours of use) if the cells aren't replaced you will risk a data
loss if you turn off your Omnigo and leave it for even 1 day. Just my
observations. See ya all.

glen_wilson@akamail.com / |_\<- Rockhampton
AUSTRALIA \_.--\_/ Central Queensland