Re: Internal memory

Warren H. Minix (minix@inet.net)
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 20:26:52 -0500

Joshua,
Geos creates "State" files which retain user preferences, position etc. =
reboot will clear the statefiles from
memory. Hence if you open up a lot of applications which you do not use =
on
a regular basis, (as most people do when they want to try everything out)=
.=20
A substantial amount of the internal storage can be consumed.

----------
From: Joshua Raben <JD686@webtv.net>
To: ogo@lifelike.com
Subject: Internal memory=20
Date: Tuesday, January 07, 1997 17:58

Here is the situation....I went into my "set-up" section and=A0the line
that is labeled "system memory" had a value of 74 KBytes. I then did a
soft reboot, and then to my surprise, the "system memory" value had
increased to 231 KBytes. I had not lost any data. As I would open
other files on the Ogo, the "system memory" value would slowly decrease
even though I had not added any data, or even deleted data. When I did
another soft reboot, the value went back to 230 KBytes....
Joshua "J.D." Raben