File transfer mode and Macs 94-11-13 01:17:56 EST

PDAJeff@aol.com
XXX, 12 Nov 1994 19:32:42 -0400 (EDT)

Subject: File transfer mode and Macs
Sender: zoomer-list@grot.starconn.com
To: zoomer-list@grot.starconn.com (Multiple recipients of list)

Allon Stern wrote:
> Is the protocol used by the zoomer (pccom) and zdos published anywhere?

I don't know about zdos but pccom is documented in the tools volume of the
GEOS SDK. Anybody doing any sort of development for GEOS really should
have a copy. I really does have tons of stuff in it.

>I'd like to write a client for the Macintosh to be able to transfer files
>between the Zoomer and my Mac, but I don't know where to look for the
>appropriate information...I'd really rather not do serial captures and try
>to figure it out by hand....

You might want to talk to the person who developed the PC<->Zoomer file
transfer program and create a Mac version of that.

>Also, is the file sharing protocol documented anywhere? That would be cool
>as well :)

Pshyeahright. :-) That's all internal information and it would be a quite
major undertaking without Geoworks' help (and even then it ain't trivial
:-).

Go wild,
John