Re: Goldstar PDA

Brian Smithson (brian@eit.COM)
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 11:40:16 -0700

On Jan 18, 5:52pm, Bob Bottomley wrote:

> Didn't I read somewhere that Goldstar was making a GEOS-based device?
> Is this it?

I don't recall reading anything about Goldstar and Geoworks, but I did
find some more information about this device (including a photo).
Unfortunately, there aren't any clues about the underlying operating
system or development partners. Looking at the photo, the screen doesn't
look like any particular GEOS-based device I've seen, but there's
nothing about it that tells me it _couldn't_ be GEOS-based.

If anyone knows whether or not this PDA is GEOS based, please post a
message!

Here are the pointers to Goldstar's WWW info about the PDA:

press release:
http://www.goldstar.co.kr/cgi-bin/prart.sh?new+951010-1.atcl

general description with inline photo:
http://www.goldstar.co.kr:80/cgi-bin/show?prod/himd/pda.html

I've sent them some mail asking for details...

--
Brian Smithson                                       brian@eit.com
Enterprise Integration Technologies                  (415)617-8009