Re: Sandisk flash RAM cards on the Omnigo?

Grae Noble (c9709748@engmail.newcastle.edu.au)
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:54:35 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997, Juraj Mucko wrote:

> I recently bought 4MB FlashRAM card from Pretec Electronics. They are at
> http://www.pretec.com. I ordered directly from their site. Costs $89
> +S&H.
> !. It needs _NO_ special drivers.
> 2. It does _NOT_ have any delay at all.
> 3. It has 3.3MB space when it is formatted by Ogo Transfer utility which
> creates the directory structure.
> 4. It takes ~60 mA when active and ~10 mA when Ogo is on but idle.
>
> Here's the table, currents in mA. Omnigo 100.
> no card SRAM Flash RAM
> Premax 1MB Pretec 4MB
> Off 1 1 1
> Idle 70 80 80
> Running 220 300 280
> Writing 220 300 440
>
> 5. I'm delighted with all the space I have now. I don't take the card
> out anymore. I've rearranged Omnigo desktop, I've installed GeoManager.
> I've installed DOS from Geos option. I've even installed Wyndmail and
> Ogo Draw allthough I haven't use them at all.
>
> 6. To add to all those battery discussions. I am currently using Varta
> NiMH 1100 mAh rechargeables which last 5-8 days / 250 minutes, FlashRAM
> allways inserted, rare communication.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Juraj Mucko <emporion@zg.tel.hr>

I've got a few questions, about the flash card you bought.

Which model was it, because they've got about 4, I can't fine the one
your talking about(4mb @ $89) although they're all very cheap?

Also, do you have an OGO 100 or 120, if you have a 120 does anyone know
what i have to look for in a flash card to get it to work (or where i can
get the info)in a 100? (eg voltage / current
drain, size, drivers etc...) looking for brand names / models etc.

Also does anyone know how I can get these cards (at this price, or close)in
Australia.
The cheapest Ive found is $200+ for a 1MB, and I think thats shit!!!
I could order one from the USA( still be cheaper) but by the time it gets
here I'd have
forgotten about it, and besides I don't trust people who long distance
mail me an item which i've spent a considerable amount of money on coz
they sometimes get 'lost'!!!

Please help!!!!
Also is there any one else out there from Australia, with an OGO around
the Sydney / Newcastle area?