Fwd: Pin-out Serial Cable

Bboxcomp@aol.com
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 09:30:59 -0400 (EDT)

Printing Directly from the OnmiGo...

Another inexpensive and less complicated solution for printing directly from
the OmniGo is the Breadbox ORC (OmniGo Remote Control) file management
application. ORC is a graphical DOS program that enables you to print
"through" your desktop via the OG serial cable and also provides file
management
features. Cost: $19.95 plus S&H (US$). You provide the cable.

Check it out at: http://www.breadbox.com

There's also a description and product review available there. Look in the
PDA folder.

Frank

---------------------
Forwarded message:
From: paradies@epfl.ch (Christopher Paradies)
Sender: owner-ogo@lifelike.com
To: ogo@lifelike.com
Date: 97-04-22 03:19:15 EDT

Mike,

Does the HP Deskjet have a serial port? To print to a parallel port you
would need a serial to parallel converter. You can connect through another
computer's parallel port using several connectivity software solutions (OGO
to PC Com Port, PC to printer). Check your printer manual for the serial
pin out from the printer, if there is one. It should either be the same as
the PC or the same as the MODEM (e.g. pins 2 & 3 are the key pins to test).

DB-9
DB-25
OMNIGO PC Com Port MODEM
Pin 1 ------- CD ------ Pin 1 ---- CD ----- Pin 8
Pin 2 -----RX/TX---- Pin 3 ---- RX ----- Pin 2 *
Pin 3 ----TX/RX----- Pin 2 ---- TX ----- Pin 3 *
Pin 4 (Unconnected) Pin 6 ---- DSR ---- Pin 6
Pin 6 -------- DTR ------- Pin 4 ---- DTR ---- Pin 20 *
Pin 7 --RTS/CTS-- Pin 8 --- CTS ---- Pin 5 *
Pin 8 --CTS/RTS-- Pin 7 ---- RTS ---- Pin 4
Pin 9 --------- RI --------- Pin 9 ---- RI ------ Pin 22
Pin 5,10 -----GND------ Pin 5 ---- GND --- Pin 7 *

OMNIGO CONNECTOR

-------------------------- keyboard
| 1 2 3 4 5 |
| 6 7 8 9 10 |
-----------------------------

* Required by most modems

--- Mike asked:

I would like to print from my OGO 100 to HP deskjet. Does anyone know the
pin out at both ends?
I found a couple different descriptions on the web. :(
Thanks for the help.
Mike Barnes

Christopher Paradies, Ph.D.
internet: paradies@epfl.ch