my story (without any happy end) (lifelike ?)

Przemyslaw Sperling (sperling@rose.man.poznan.pl)
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:32:04 +0100 (MEZ)

Hi everybody !
So I see that I am not only one who has problems with some British
retailers. I do research in London and I bought both OmniGo and Clip &Go
in one shop in Tottenham Court Road (I paid over 280 pounds for both but I
wanted to have all the taxes excluded). When I came to Poznan, Poland where
I live I noticed that something is wrong with Clip&Go (the floppy was
refused to be read by my and my friends computers) and that was told the shop
assistants when I returned to London and I asked them if it is possible to
copy the program at the original floppy and I shown the original bill
which was namely issued (because the tax was returned) and which
specified what and where I bought. They answered something like
that "the VAT is excluded so all my consumer rights are also excluded".So
it seems that I paid 60 pounds for nothing. I think that my version of
Clip &Go should be called Pay&Go.
These who are interested in the shop address (mainly British I guess) can
write me at my British email(I am in London now) which is as follows:
psperlin@sas.ac.uk.
I give them (without any pleasure) the address of the shop).
And one more thing:
AVOID BUYING ANYTHING IN BRITAIN IF YOU ARE FOREIGNERS !!!
Stay cool !
Przemo