Re: SRAM Card Usage

Michael L Vezie (mlv@pobox.com)
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 12:58:53 -0500

At 09:21 AM 2/27/97 mst, David Virga wrote:
>Thomas Hunter <thunter1@swarthmore.edu> asked:
>
>>I have a "newbie" question: Can I use these cards without the ability
>>to down load any software from a PC, or will I have to have some way to
>>get a driver or something similar onto the OGO from elsewhere?
>
>>I would love to use these for back-up since I have no other way to
>>back-up, but I am fairly clueless as to what is involved.
>
>Tom,
>
>SRAM cards require no additional software/drivers/etc to be used on the
>OmniGo. You just plug it in, the OmniGo asks to format it (takes seconds),
>and it is immediately available for storing backups of your OmniGo
>applications via the Transfer utility.

I forget... can SRAM cards be used in an OmniGo 100? I like the prices
I've seen recently, but only have a 100, not a 120.

>For the sake of the "newbies" in the crowd, here's a couple of other
>tidbits worth repeating:
>- If you bought an OmniGo 100 between 25 Oct 96 and 31 Jan 97, then you are
>eligible for a free "Power Pack" from HP, which contains among other things
>the original connectivity kit and a cable. Call HP at 970/392-1001.

What about those of us who bought it used?

>- As of the end of December, Intuit was still honoring the offer for a free
>copy of Pocket Quicken for the OmniGo 100. Free that is, for the cost of
>shipping.... You'll need a connectivity kit to install the software. Call
>Intuit at 800/243-4650, ext 810329.

Caveat at that -- IMSO, it's much more useful with Pocket Quicken
Connect, which does cost money (but is worth it).

(However, I still havn't gotten Pocket Quicken Connect to work with
the latest version of Quicken -- Intuit just says, "Sorry, it won't
work with Windows NT. Have a nice day.")

In Christ,
Michael