NiMH Batteries

Roy Wagner (jodynroy@vivid.net)
Tue, 25 Feb 1997 10:37:56 -0500

I tried them and found out that they loose their charge FASTER then =
regular NiCad.
850 mA NiCad from Radio Shack, last about 5 days, (showing =BD full when =
you charge them and load the OGO) and 1100 mA from BASF last 3 days. =
(Showing 7/8 full when charged and loaded into the OGO).
I had the better success with Panasonic Rechargeable 1100 mA. They show =
7/8 full on the OGO meter and last 14-20 days. Charge time is 4 hours. I =
bought 4 batteries with charger, (that protects them from over charge) =
for $14 at Costco.
Roy Wagner

* roy@globaljewelry.com =
*
* http://www.globaljewelry.com =
*
* The best supplier for Jewelry & Diamonds on the WEB *

-----Original Message-----
From: John Justin [SMTP:john@jjustin.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 25, 1997 11:44 AM
To: ogo@lifelike.com
Subject: Re: Printing from the OGO

Heikki Arppe wrote:
>=20
> What are your experiences in printing directly from the OGO?
> What kind of printing speed can be expected?

> I've tried to print to a HP Laserjet 4M+ by serial cable. At 9600 baud =
And uses up the batteries=20

The Omnigo sends a bit mapped image to the printer, that's why it is so
slow. It also doesn't format the print that appears on the screen to fit
on an 8 1/2 X 11 inch page. What you see on the screen is what you get.
My program does format any notes taken in its Notes area to fit on an 8
1/2 X 11 inch page. It takes about 5 minutes to print out a very high
density full page of data (9600), and about 45 seconds to print out an
average page of information. But it prints consistently. I am using a
Laserjet Series II: it cannot print faster than 9600.

If you initiate a print out using the Omnigo's print screen button and
then try to abort the print by resetting your printer (perhaps because
it is taking too long), you may not be able to initiate another print
until you do a soft reset of the Omnigo.

When printing, or uploading to a PC, or entering data from my desk, I
always use an AC adapter; the drain on the batteries is just too high.

I am in the process of announcing a new type of battery charger that
will quick charge (2 hours) the new NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) high
performance batteries. These batteries have more than twice the energy
density of the old NiCads.

Best,
John Justin
--=20
JJA Microsystems, N.Y. 1-800-765-7770 =20
john@jjustin.com http://www.jjustin.com =20
Fitness Tracker: the world's first exercise training
software for HANDHELD Computers!=00=00