Re: HP Link To Windows

Max Wood (maxwood@mindspring.com)
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 10:36:46 -0600

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the report. You may have seen my negative assesment of the new
connectivity pack a month or so ago. I removed the program from my computer
and put it back in the box. I may pull it out if I ever use the OGO
database, but I have solved my connnectivity problems with other programs.

I might also ad, the new connectivity pack is an Intellilink (now Puma)
product. The problems you described are exactly what I experienced with
their other products.

Good luck.

At 10:09 AM 02/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>The new connectivity software is known as Link to Windows. I have
>been very pleased with this after some initial problems. I tried to
>use SyncNGo to export/import some databases. I discovered that you
>must have a corresponding target file on the desktop with field names,
>or if you are importing into the ogo, you must design an empty database
>with the field names you wish.
>
>I am also using the HP PIM, and have found some glitches. If you
>import an event (start time = end time = NONE) it does not always
>appear at the top of the day (before 12:00AM). I have been able to
>move them by deleting the time, and saving, but this is not consistent.
>
>I also saw a weird effect if I created an event that repeated daily.
>Sometimes it would appear with an end date < start date. Hence it
>would appear on every day in the calendar. I had to delete the original
>and re-enter for it to work.
>
>I previously commented on my success in linking directly with the SRAM
>card. I keep all my files in the C:\geoworks\document directory. I
>used a binary file editor to change all references to b:\geoworks to
>C:\geoworks. I used win95 explorer to search all the files for
>"b:\geoworks" and then went in and changed them.
>
>One last tip. Be sure the application on the ogo is closed ( Fn-F3 )
>or the latest file will not be accessed.

- Max
maxwood@mindspring.com