Re: Text editor problem

michael brian scher ((no email))
Mon, 14 Feb 1994 20:59:37 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 14 Feb 1994, Sanjay Sinha wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm one happy user of the UL with works on the card.
> I mainly use the UL to log in from home to my unix
> accounts.
>
> What kind of text editors are out there? I just want some-
> thing simple that i can learn to use in a week or so
> and don't want to pay more than 30-40 bucks if it is
> shareware.

Well, basically there's VI and PICO. I highly recommend PICo for a
simple, terminal-type aware editor. It's quite a snap to use and
provides control-key alternatives to PgDn and the like. I have used it
on the UNIX end with both my Mac and with the Ultralight running Procomm
and Commo.
> p.s. I am using the communications package that is part of the
> Microsoft works.

You could switch to Commo, which is tiny and vt100 compliant.

Michael B. Scher | strange@tezcat.chi.il.us
Law and Cultural Anthropology | mbscher@ellis.uchicago.edu

I'm a legal anthropologist. What's an illegal anthropologist?