Re: MKS Toolkit (fwd)

Brian Smithson (brian@king.ca41.csd.mot.com)
Mon, 8 Apr 91 10:58:10 PDT

Forwarded message:
>From brian Fri Apr 5 10:40:57 1991
From: brian@king (Brian Smithson)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 1991 10:40:57 PST
To: John J. Kenney <motcsd!Neon.Stanford.EDU!jjk>
Subject: Re: MKS Toolkit

On Apr 5, 10:21am, John J. Kenney wrote:
> Subject: MKS Toolkit
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> I am not familiar with the MKS Toolkit. What is it and
> where did you get it and how much?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>-- End of excerpt from John J. Kenney

MKS Toolkit is a product from Mortice Kern Systems in Waterloo, Ont, Canada.
It contains a very good Korn shell and a fairly complete set of System V
commands and utilities which run under MSDOS. I say "don't leave UNIX
without it" :-). Included in the package are really good implementations
of vi, awk, and sed. MKS also has separate products for vi and awk, and also
RCS, yacc, and some other stuff too I think. They also have OS/2 products.

I believe that the toolkit for DOS costs about $199 these days -- I've just
been getting updates for the last few years. You can get information by
sending mail to toolkit@mks.com.

--
-Brian Smithson
 Motorola Inc., Computer Group, Commercial Systems Division