Re: Review of NEC UltraLite (DAK) (fwd)

Brian Smithson (brian@king.ca41.csd.mot.com)
Mon, 8 Apr 91 10:58:18 PDT

Forwarded message:
To: brian@king.csd.mot.com
Subject: Re: Review of NEC UltraLite (DAK)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.laptops
Cc: ih@udel.edu
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 91 08:44:56 -0500
From: ih@udel.edu

In article <3580@motcsd.csd.mot.com> you write:
>I got an UltraLite from DAK a couple of weeks ago. Here's my review.
>What I got was the 2MB unit, the 3.5" external disk, and Lotus Agenda on
>--
>-Brian Smithson

I have sent Sy the similar message. Mayby you can also give me some
help. First, thanks for the information. I have a question
about the 2 M HD. Is the HD used by the Ultralite an "industry"
standard 68-pin JEIDA memory card? Poqet PC uses two of this
removable memroy card but the 1 M card costs about $500! The size of
the JEIDA card is about 86x54x3.5 mm (approx. 3 3/8 x 2 1/8 x 9/64 in).
It uses a CR-2325 or CR-2016 Lithium battery as the backup power.
Is the HD in the Ultralite removable?

I am using an automatic data compression program called "Squish Plus".
It, on average, has saved about 30% of disk space. With a block
size of 4k, it should save even more. Except
a little bit slower, it acts just like an ordinary disk.
It is marketet by Sundog Software Corp. (718-855-9141).
Thanks again.

--
-Brian Smithson
 Motorola Inc., Computer Group, Commercial Systems Division