RE: docControlFSLevel

Mingfang Li (mli@huey.csun.edu)
Wed, 23 Nov 94 12:22 PST

On Wed, 23 Nov 1994, john blue wrote:

> Hi,
> My Zoomer has docControlFSLevel=3 and does shadowing ok and i'm running
> the expert mode geos.ini and net.ini.
>
> > The deal is the docControlFSLevel option some people have been
> > tinkering with in their GEOS.INI files. With it set to 3. as is recommended
> > in the instructions for CrashAlot and HosedDisplay, err, Expert, mode,
> > you don't get the seamless shadowing. I'm not sure what it actually
> > does other than this. Anyways, I set it to 0 again, and poof, stuff
> > in c:\GEOWORKS\DOCUMENT is neatly shadowed into b:\GEOWORKS\DOCUMENT as
> > underlined names.

Well if this is not the option that prevents Zoomer from shadowing, it
might be a combination of this and another option. In any case, I could
not get shadowing to work with a net.ini file posted on comp.sys.palmtops
newsgroup a while ago. When I hard rebooted the Zoomer shadowning works
fine. Also I can now use the RAM card in both Zoomer and HP100LX with no
problem.

(That post on c.s.p claims to improve Zoomer 1000%).

It would really be nice if our experts can provide a line by line
explanation of those options in net.ini and geos.ini. Some options seem to
be self explanatory but others are not. I have read FAQ and Tips and
Tricks. Haven't seen any detailed discussions of these options.

Mingfang Li, Ph.D. (818)885-4903 (Fax)
Department of Management (818)885-2457 (Dept)
California State Univ Northridge (818)885-2421 (Office)
Northridge, CA 91330-8245 USA Internet: mli@huey.csun.edu