Re: zdos

barrym (barrym@neosoft.com)
Fri, 25 Aug 1995 12:13:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 24 Aug 1995, Jay Wallin wrote:

> >The program is called <zdos.com> and is available on
> >ftp.biostat.washington.edu in the /pub/zoomer directory.
> >
> Barry, Andre;
> This may be what I am looking for. Could you please explain a
> little about what this will allow me to do.
>
> Wanting to use my Zoomer with my PC.

I don't remember all the details but it has a number of features. I use
it simply to transfer files from the Zoomer to the PC and vice-versa. It
does this very easily. I have a batch file set up so I only have to
connect them and go to where I want to put the file on the Zoomer,
and put the Zoomer in file transfer mode, type ZSEND filename,
and it's on it's way.

It's actually a sort of remote control program. It lets you run the
Zoomer, to some extent, from your PC. But it only lets you do a few
things like copying files or deleting them, etc. I think there are 5
or 6 commands but I forget what they are. I only use the transfer
capability.

It's a small, simple program that I suspect someone wrote as a personal
tool, and it works very well.

Barry