Re: file format quest

Nathan Lewis (saturn@dataex.com)
Thu, 25 Jan 1996 20:43:42 -0600

At 06:22 PM 1/25/96 -0500, you wrote:
>At 13:14 1/25/96 PST, you wrote:>
>>Has anyone actually used their IR port? In over two years of Zoomer use, I
>>have never once used it.
>
>One of my colleagues has a Zoomer and we pass notes at meetings. Otherwise
>we send AddressBook pages from Zoomer to Zoomer when needed. It has always
>worked quickly, easily and flawlessly.
>
>More apps using the IR port would be nice. Once someone suggested buying a
>used or discounted Zoomer and using it as a IR docking port to your PC,
>running Georks/PalmConnect. That sounded pretty good to me!

I've used the IR port a couple of times, as my brother has a zoomer, and my
friend is considering one too, now that the price is $99.
I read on a comparison chart that the zoomer IR is capible of 9ft or
something. I imagine it could then be used as a universal remote. How hard
could it be to make a program that would read input from the IR, save it to
a button, and export it on demand. You could use your existing remote(s) to
program it. If you or a friend have a universal remote, you could program
it for any device that it supports. If I knew how to program and compile
for Geoworks, and how to access the IR port, I'd do it myself. Maybe that'd
make a good college project, after I take a few programming courses.