Re: WinCE

Max Mansour (maxm@ziplink.net)
Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:50:13 -0500

> From: Christopher Paradies <paradies@epfl.ch>
>
> Max Manwour said that you need
>
> you need NT4.0, and VC 4.0 (not 4.1 or 4.2) to use the SDK for Win CE?
>
> So much for programming for the Win CE environment for most of us.

Why do you say that? Because of NT4.0? I don't know if the average home
computer user would run it, but I have (and many other people serious about
developing) a development machine running NT4. Another thing, prorgamming
it is going to be easier then programing the OGO, because if you already
know Win32 programming, you're pretty much all set. The main reason I
bailed on writing GEOS apps, was 2 reasons: the SDK is not at all
convenient, and I didn't have the time to completly learn GOC. But since I
already know the Win32 API, I could start messing around with WinCE apps as
soon as I got the SDK.

> Chris
>
> Christopher Paradies, Ph.D.
> internet: paradies@epfl.ch
> member: TMS, Sigma Xi
> address: EPFL, LMPH, DMX-G 333, CH-1015 Lausanne, Switzerland

; Max Mansour, // mail : maxm@ziplink.net
; self proclaimed // irc : Justarius
; dictator. // web : 3designs.home.ml.org
;
(--------) OmniGo -> omnigo.home.ml.org (---------)
) TI-85/ZShell -> www.ziplink.net/~maxm/zshell/ (
( WindowsCE -> www.ziplink.net/~maxm/windowsce/ )