Re: 2400 baud pcmcia modem works in OGO

Hitesh Brahmbhatt (hitesh@opti.com)
Mon, 4 Nov 96 15:35:22 PPE

> From 70003.7001@compuserve.com Mon Nov 4 15:08:55 1996
> Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 16:56:49 -0500
> From: "James D. Bearden" <70003.7001@compuserve.com>
> Subject: Re: 2400 baud pcmcia modem works in OGO
> To: OGO List <ogo@lifelike.com>, Hitesh Brahmbhatt <hitesh@opti.com>
>
> My OmniGo 120 only seems to recognize the modem if I insert it with the
> power on. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not, but it works for me.
> I do, however, remove it in the usual way.
>
> --
> James D. Bearden GEOS FAQ Maintainer
> A.K.A. Wiffleguy 70003.7001@compuserve.com
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jbearden/
>
> Windows too slow? Have a PDA? See my GEOS page.
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jbearden/geoindex.htm

Hi James,

This is Hitesh again.....

Thanks for the reply man....I tried that on my OGO 100 and it didn't complaint.
Also, battery charged dropped suddenly so I assume it at least found the card.

Now the problem is, when I open Ogcomm and issue DIAL MACRO command from the TERM
menu, it doesn't do anything !! [I have the correct settings for the baud/data/stop
bits etc.]

Isn't OgComm supposed to echo ATDT<tel no> command that is first macro in ogcomm.mac
file, when it is dialing ?

Now, I am confused if It is the modem or I am clueless about OgComm ;)

Thanks for the help again....

Hitesh