Re: Download problem

Esther Burkert (reinb@pc.jaring.my)
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 22:28:23 +0200

When I transfer files with Omnicom I usually get a sequence of dots
(..............) when the batteries are good. The weaker my batteries
get, the more "N" I have in the dot sequence.

I assume that Omnicom displays a dot for each packet successfully
transferred to the Ogo and a N for each packet that has an error. It is
also known that the voltage level of the Ogo's serial port is out of the
PC serial port specifications when the battery is low.

The phenomenon you are experiencing sounds like you have weak batteries.
Are you using rechargeable NiCads by any chance?

Regards

Reinhard Burkert
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia