Re: [REPOST] OGO WISH LIST 1997

Jon Frisby (logical@ix.netcom.com)
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 19:13:36 -0700

I have recently gotten need of several new programs (which I didn't
need before):
-An extensible English/Japanese dictionary with search features (NOT
Bindery!) and support for extended information such as culturual
notes on word/phrase meaning and usage.
-A Java VM (preferably JIT compiler)
-A card database for Magic: The Gathering cards that supports the
following fields:
=Card name
=Card color (Red, Green, Blue, Black, White, Gold, Artifact)
=Card type (Summon [x], Enchant [x], Enchantment, Artifact, Artifact
Creature, Instant, Interrupt, Sorcery)
=Card rarity (Common, Uncommon, Rare, including numeric levels of
rarity on each...)
=Casting cost (EG: 2BB, 1G, xR, xxR, etc... Preferrably with
symbolics rather than letters...)
=Card series (Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, 5th Ed, Arabian
Nights, Legends, The Dark, Antiquities, Alliances, Visions, etc...
There's a BUNCH of them now... :>)
=Quantity (so I can tell how many I have...)
This would need to support some sort of compression, as I'd rather
not waste an ENTIRE RAM card on the database
-A Kana enabled text editor/font (Kanji not needed... Just
Hiragana/Katakana fonts)... Allow me to enter in Roomaji and convert
to Kana...

Have fun!

-JF

----