Re: Is my Omnigo dead?

Glen Wilson (Glen_Wilson@akamail.com)
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 08:08:31 GMT

On Sun, 20 Apr 1997 23:35:55 -0400, you wrote:

>At 03:00 AM 4/19/97 GMT, Glen Wilson wrote:
>>Sounds like your batteries died, only way I know of it get it going
>>again will be fatal to your data, ie. use a piece of wire to press the
>>reset button (through a hole in the bottom of the case) this will
>>bring your Omnigo back like new with no data.=20
>
>Not true... the reset button is a "hard boot", but does not erase RAM.
>
>In Christ,
>michael,

This may be true Michael, but speaking from experience if you need to
use the reset button in the situation I explained above, ie dead
batteries, then the data is gone anyway.=20

I had thought (till now) that the hard reset wiped the data but the
low battery volts is probably doing it.=20

glen_wilson@akamail.com / |_\<- Rockhampton
AUSTRALIA \_.--\_/ Central Queensland