Re: New ogo user's ?'s

jbrann (jbrann@gator1.brazosport.cc.tx.us)
Thu, 06 Jun 1996 20:31:54 -0700

mma@Rt66.com wrote:

> I've had my ogo for about two weeks now, and as a stand alone tool I really
> like it. Unfortunately, its not a stand alone world these days...
>
> I've got the HP (palm?) connectivity pack - the outside of the box promises
> "import / export via comma seperated, DBF..." then you find out that this
> applies only to a few select apps - and doesn't include the database app
> (truly appalling that dbf import/export doesn't exist for databases!). Thus
> the fine print inside taketh away :-(
>
> I'd *really* like to exchange appoinment data and address book data between
> the ogo and Sidekick win95 - Has anyone managed to make this work? Is there
> a spec for the .adb format that HP uses for appointment data?
>
> Thanks - Mark Aaldering
> mma@rt66.com
Mark,
This may not help you since you've already purchased the HP Connectivity
program, but IntelliLink for Windows (3.4.3) merges Sidekick for Windows
with the OGO. I have this program to merge Lotus Organizer with my OGO.
My only complaint is that the program does not delete records in the
target location that have been deleted in the source. You must do this
manually. I talked to IntelliLink about this and they claim that a new
version that accomplishes true synchonization will be out later this year
for the OGO. They are releasing a synchronization version this month for
the Pilot.
Regards,
Jeff Brann