Re: (Fwd) installer

GWSteve@aol.com
Thu, 30 May 1996 13:41:10 -0400

In a message dated 96-05-30 13:04:32 EDT, ssoler@ECNET.ec (Santiago Soler)
writes:

>1) I have tried to install the installer and/or the installer with
>shiper in my PC and when I run them in my PC, I get the message "internal
>error" and is never installed. Any idea of what is happeining???

I don't have a good guess at what's happening to you, but
I've installed Installer and Shipper on many different computers
running Win3.1, Win3.11, and Win95 without any problems
like that, so whatever the conflict is, it must be unique
to your hardware or your Windows software. What's unusual
about your hardware or software? Some TSR, maybe?
Some alternate desktop, maybe?

>2) In the phone book utility of the OGo, once I get into the info I
>have for one name, I can't use the FnPgUp and FnPgDn keys. I can only
>scroll down using my pen, by pressing the down and up arrows on the
>upper rigthen corner of hte screen. This started to happen lately,
>and I don't know how to fix it.

There have been a few reports of this problem, but the cause
has not yet been determined. The solution, in all cases I'm
aware of so far, is to reset the unit with SHIFT+ON+NEXT.

>3) Having the "touch screen" feature enabled to turn on the machine
>consumes batteries, either when you don't use the pen to turn ist
>on???

It seems logical that there might be a slight hit on battery
consumption when you have the touch screen feature
enabled, since the device has to run a little loop of code
to keep checking whether the screen has been touched.
However, I've noticed no significant difference
in battery life whether I use the feature or not.

Steve