Re: Downloading files

Wesley H. Jan (wesmd@itsa.ucsf.EDU)
Sat, 4 May 1996 07:10:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Barlow, Kelly J wrote:

> I am having trouble getting files into my Omnigo. I have successfully
> downloaded files from the net, but the files have a ZIP ending which
> Installer does not recognize. After using the Shipper program to package
> the files, I used Installer and successfully transferred the programs, but I
> can not find the files on my Omnigo. What am I doing wrong?

Can't tell you anything about Shipper, but I assume you know that ZIP
files have to be unzipped before they can be used.

In other words, a ZIP file is a compressed file and can't be used and
transferred into the Omnigo as is.

To my knowledge there is no built-in unZIPer in the Omnigo, so you must
unZIP the files prior to the transfer.

Hope this helps.

Wes Jan