Flash RAM

Christopher Paradies (paradies@epfl.ch)
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:07:10 +0100

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 10:58:33 +0100
To: franklin@sn.no (Franklin Eekhout)
From: Christopher Paradies <paradies@epfl.ch>
Subject: Re: Ogo to pc/modem cables?
Bcc:
FYI,

Please share with whoever might need this:

DB-9 DB-25
OMNIGO PC Com 1 Port MODEM
Pin 1 ------- CD ------ Pin 1 ---- CD ----- Pin 8
Pin 2 -----RX/TX---- Pin 3 ---- RX ----- Pin 2 *
Pin 3 ----TX/RX----- Pin 2 ---- TX ----- Pin 3 *
Pin 4 (Unconnected) Pin 6 ---- DSR ---- Pin 6
Pin 6 -------- DTR ------- Pin 4 ---- DTR ---- Pin 20 *
Pin 7 --RTS/CTS-- Pin 8 --- CTS ---- Pin 5 *
Pin 8 --CTS/RTS-- Pin 7 ---- RTS ---- Pin 4
Pin 9 --------- RI --------- Pin 9 ---- RI ------ Pin 22
Pin 5,10 -----GND------ Pin 5 ---- GND --- Pin 7 *

OMNIGO CONNECTOR

-------------------------- keyboard
| 1 2 3 4 5 |
| 6 7 8 9 10 |
-----------------------------

* Required by most modems

>Thought I would have a go at making a serial cable. I have found the
>pin outs described, but am not sure... Is there no need for any level
>converting/clipping, standard +-12V?

No. As you can see the OGO is NOT connected to the +-12 V pins

>Also, is the cable different for connecting to a pc versus a modem? I
>just found references to nullmodem cable/adapters, no detailed diagrams.
>(I felt much safer making cables for my now pensioned M100, cost me
>just USD 15!)

OGO Pin 1 might be needed for your modem software and modem. The other
required pins for most modems are highlighted with *'s.

>Is there only hardware handshaking?

RTS/CTS and DTR are connected, but DSR is not connected. DSR is used by the
OGO for the screen, I think, so is not available to the serial port!

Ciao,
Chris

--- end forwarded text

Christopher Paradies, Ph.D.