Re: Power Management

Wayne Venables (wvenable@sfu.ca)
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 11:08:36 -0800

At 09:02 AM 3/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello Wayne,
>
>What is necessary for power management on the OGO ?
> I posted a message once about this on the OGO list and someone mentioned
>that there was the need for a power management routine.

The Omnigo BIOS supports standard APM calls (just like your PC or
Notebook). Marcus Groeber has supplied me with an assembly dump of the
GEOS power management driver and I've been able to piece together a few
things (like how to shut down the serial port, PCMCIA port, ect). However,
if you just want to shutdown the Omnigo you can simply call the proper APM
interrupt function.

>I use my OGO in DOS mode heavily and I notice that when the batteries get
>too low, the OGO shuts itself down. After replacing the batteries and
>pressing ON, I continue right where I left off. Is this a Low-power-off
>routine that can be called or was my OGO temporarily comatosed (low power) ?

Also, it should be noted that the power drain in DOS is double (or more)
of that in GEOS. This is because DOS does no power management at all.

Later,

P.S. If anyone wants copies of the information that I have, please E-mail me.