RE: Expert Mode (Blue Marsh)

Warren H. Minix (minix@inet.net)
Mon, 3 Mar 1997 17:50:38 -0500

Don,
The Express menu is one of the numerous features of the Geos operating =
system that HP felt would be dangerous in the hands of their users. My =
suspicion is that you did not deactivate the Express menu before =
removing Nathan's utility. Depending on which you are more comfortable =
with you can either reinstall the Expert utility and disable the Express =
menu or set the value for "expressOptions" to 0. The parameter lies in =
either the Geos.ini or Net.ini (or both). I believe that Nathan's =
utility tweaks Geos.ini. If you fooled with many of the options with =
the OgExpert utility some of the other values (launchLevel , etc) may =
have been altered as well. The values all reside in the uiFeatures =
section of the ini files. (These are somewhat analogous to win.ini and =
system.ini in MS-Win3.1x). Example of what mine (in Geos.ini) modified =
from standard looks like follows:
Good Luck

[uiFeatures]
defaultLauncher =3D Home Screen
expressOptions =3D 1665 =
<<=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D this is the bugger
interfaceLevel =3D 4
interfaceOptions =3D 0
launchLevel =3D 3
launchModel =3D 0