Re: SRAM Card problems

Wayne Venables (wvenable@sfu.ca)
Sat, 01 Mar 1997 13:55:50 -0800

At 09:27 AM 3/1/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Has anyone encountered this problem? Any recommendations of cards to
>use? I'm in panic mode! Note that the two cards that I tested drew about
>10% more current that the ACE Card when accessed.

Avoid SRAM cards. I have a SunDisk 5 MB FlashRAM card, works perfectly
and since it is ATA there is no delay in recognizing it. Flash Cards draw
a considerable amount of current on writes to the card, but reads should be
the same as SRAM. Plus, Flash RAM costs much less than SRAM, by 5 MB card
cost me $100 Canadian.

>Best,
>John Justin
>

>--
>JJA Microsystems, N.Y. 1-800-765-7770
>john@jjustin.com http://www.jjustin.com
>Fitness Tracker: the world's first exercise training
>software for HANDHELD Computers!

P.S. I love your Domain, very creative!!! :)

Wayne Venables Computing Science
Singularity Solutions Simon Fraser University
wvenable@sfu.ca Burnaby, BC, Canada