Re: Printing OG

David Virga (VirgaD@den.disa.mil)
Wed, 29 Jan 97 09:01:04 mst

On Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:53:01 -0500 (EST), Danp77@aol.com writes:

>Help. I have an HP Laserjet 4plus printer with a serial port in the back.
>I bought a male-male gender changer for my OG serial cable and tried to
>connect it to my HP printer. When I selected the HP laserjet option on
>the OG at 9600 baud, I got no response from the printer when I asked the
>Og to print something.

>Will this process not work with the serial-PC HP cable?

The OmniGo serial cable is really a null-modem cable, since it is designed
to connect two Data Terminal Equipment (DTE) type systems together. A
printer is considered Data Communications Equipment (DCE), so a standard
serial cable is needed to connect a printer to the OmniGo.

To un-null-modem-ize your serial-PC HP cable, you need a null-modem
adaptor.

Dave Virga
VirgaD@Den.DISA.Mil