Re: OmniGo Serial Port

Steve Morton (steve@hutch.com.au)
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 09:54:54 +1100

David,

Check out the page at http://domestic1.sjc.ox.ac.uk/~ahaskins/omnigo/ This
page has an item on the HP Omnigo's serial pinout. Also this page has other
information on the onmigo.

I have made a cable up and it works really well. I use it to backup my
omnigo data to by PC (PS this works really well with omnicomm available on
the internet), also I use this cable (together with a null modem cable) to
hook up my modem to my omnigo and dial up my ISP to collect my e-mail.

The hardest thing about making the cable is finding the connector that goes
into the omnigo, these proved really difficult here in Australia.

Any questions, let me know.

Steve Morton

----------
> From: David Virga <VirgaD@den.disa.mil>
> To: ogo@lifelike.com
> Subject: OmniGo Serial Port
> Date: Friday, January 10, 1997 7:11 AM
>
> I want to build my own serial cable. I've seen numerous notes on
this
> topic, but there is still one area that is unclear to me.
>
> Is the OmniGo's serial port a full serial implementation? Is there
any
> advantage to making a cable that connects all nine serial signals?
(It