Re: XX_TEXT is very large, that is a BAD thing

GWRepNate@aol.com
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 10:40:25 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-01-12 04:36:57 EST, diel@intbuso.boeblingen.netsurf.de
writes:
> What does subject message (issued by GLUE) mean, and what should I do to
> get rid of it ?
>
> I know this has already been discussed in the forum several weaks ago, but
> I have not kept the messages and I don't remember.
>
> Can somebody send me the conversation ?
> Or can I obtain it from some database via Internet ?

This error indicates that the code resource in the XX.goc file is too
large. You should take some of the methods out of that file and put them into
a new file. For instance, I usually have a .goc file for each class's
methods. If I've got process class methods, I have a process.goc file for
them. If I've got a subclassed view class then I have a view.goc file for
those methods.

In your case, one of those .goc files is so large that the code resource
(the actual compiled code) is too large. Glue will complain when resources
are larger than the recommended maximum (I believe it's 8KB).

If you've never split your code into multiple source files then check out
the file LRGSORCE.TXT on the Developer Relations web site:
http://www.geoworks.com/htmpages/devrel/download.htm

Nathan