Re: UltraLite - bad replacement batteries

Ric Miller (rcmiller@freenet.columbus.oh.us)
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 22:52:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Michael Crestohl wrote:

> I will be giving the url of the UltraLite Archives to someone I know
> at NEC and I hope that everyone will take the time and effort to post
> their feelings on these new batts.

I purchased a replacement battery from JEM computers thinking that it
would be a improvment in run time over the standard battery.

Instead I recieved the battery that you are discussing and can certainly
state that it was *much* worse than the Molicel battery.

I don't have the 2 packs at hand but seem to remember that the replacement
cells were rated at a higher "mah" rating than the molicel originals.

Unless the Molicels were *grossly* underrated in capacity this seems to be
something more than unethical business.

Has anyone actually tested the original battery vs. the replacement
batterys on a battery that will provide verifiable numbers?? Doesn't a
company have a legal responsiblity to properly label its products?

I still use my UL daily for E-mail but am now restricted to being
"plugged-in" to do any session longer than 15 mins or so.