Re: 1702 DC In port Repair needed

Eric J. Plosky (plosky@MIT.EDU)
Sun, 11 May 1997 15:19:57 -0400

Indeed, I did get NEC to take a look at my Ultralite for free, but that was
something entirely different. I have the original Ultralite, and I still
had the original battery with it. I found out that the original battery
had been recalled, so I got them to give me a replacement battery for free.
(As I never was able to coax more than 40 minutes' battery life out of the
new unit, though, the Ultralite now does duty as a low-volume dial-in
terminal; it's plugged into the wall and uses its modem to dial in to the
campus network.)

Sorry I can't be of more help!

- Eric