Re: 1702 DC In port Repair needed

Daniel JB Clark (dclark@pobox.com)
Sun, 11 May 1997 13:16:47 -0400 (EDT)

I'd contact Eric J. Plosky <plosky@MIT.EDU>; I don't know if he still
subscribes to the list, but a while ago I corresponded with him and he
said that he had got some NEC service center to give his ultralite an
overhaul for free.

If worse comes to worse, you could probably sell your ultralite for parts
on the list and get a new (used) one for arround $150-$200. I personnely
have one I would sell (it is currently being used as a cute vt100 terminal
since my power supply died (NEC charges something insane like $200 for a
new one; this could be cheap considering they charge $150 for a 9-pin
mini-din to modem cable :-); I built a new one, but it doesn't charge the
batteries.).

sdc8711@oberlin.edu, dclark@cs.oberlin.edu