Re: Need help re-formatting

Brian Smithson (brian@eitech)
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 12:03:51 -0700

On Jan 9, 10:26am, Tom Payne wrote:

> It's been quite a while since I have been on this list. Sorry for the
> absence.

Welcome back!

> Not only has it been a long time since I have been on the list, but it
> has been a long time since I used my Ultralite. As a result, the thing
> won't work and I don't remember how to get it up and running again. It
> seems that the RAM drive has forgotten itself and needs to be
> reformatted. How do I do this? I remember having to do it before, but
> it was not obvious.

Reboot from ROM (the D: drive) by pressing CNTL/ALT/Fn/DEL and then use
that menu-based thing to reformat and reinitialize the C: drive.

> Has anyone compiled a FAQ? I am sure that I will have other questions
> as I start using this machine again.

There isn't really a FAQ, but all of the archives of the mailing list
(back to its inception in 1991) are available on the WWW, and you can
search them too. http://www.grot.com/ultralite/

--
Brian Smithson                                       brian@eit.com
Enterprise Integration Technologies                  (415)617-8009