Re: Disk Drive/Parallel Port for original Ultralight wanted

Fritz Friedlaender (starnet!apple!ecn.purdue.edu!fritzj)
Sun, 31 Oct 93 14:02:22 -0500

Just received:
From: bad1679@ultb.isc.rit.edu (B.A. Doehner)
To: Multiple recipients of list <ultralite-list@grot.starconn.com>
Subject: Re: Disk Drive/Parallel Port for original Ultralight wanted

> > Bernie
> >
> Nah, don't do that... the machine's usable even without the diskdrive/
> parallel port. On the other paw, if that's what you've decided to do,
> I'd be willing to pay a trifle over the shipping costs for the machine
> and new battery... as will more than a few other subscribers to this
> list, I'll wager. ;)

How would I boot anything without a floppy drive??? I can't even get to
the serial port because of the strange DIN plug that NEC decided to use
(middle pin turned 90 degrees), which I can't find anywhere.

......deleted....

There is/was an electronics store in Freiburg where I bought 10 or so DIN plugs
for about $2.00 each a few years ago - all for members of this group.
Don't expect to be in that neighborhood until next summer if you can
wait that long (and remind me ...). I'd be willing to take the Ultralite
off your hands (with battery) if you want to save the disposal fee and have
a few dolars left (my contribution) to use in the office where I don't
have any MS DOS capabilities, only UNIX.

FJF

P.S. Freiburg happens to be in Germany, and a 4000 miles + trip each way is
hardly justified for a $2.00 item!