Re: Disk Drive/Parallel Port for original Ultralight wanted

B.A. Doehner (starnet!apple!ultb.isc.rit.edu!bad1679)
Sun, 31 Oct 1993 12:31:27 -0500 (EST)

> On Sat, 30 Oct 1993, B.A. Doehner wrote:
>

> > > Hi,
> > > I have an extra disk drive for the UL 1702.
> > > The actual drive mechanism is bad, but the parallel port works fine.
> > > You could replace the drive with a standard PC high-density drive.
> > > I've tested it and it works.
> > > Asking $50 as a parallel adapter or maybe $100 if I replace the drive
> > > mechanism. I'll also consider trades. .....BJ
> > > bjh@linc.att.com
> > > 919-279-7696
> > >

> > Sorry BJ,
> >
> > Your price is too high. I guess I'll send in my old battery, get my $100
> > and throw my ultralite away. (I bought it for $100).
> >

> > Bernie
> >

> Is your UL broken? Or would you be interested in selling it?
> --tbswanston@ucdavis.edu
> thanks

Hi,

No, it isn't broken. I got it demoed briefly when I bought it, but since
I don't have battery or proper plug (for power), I can't use it.

I am interested in selling it and have already gotten an offer for $50
plus shipping.

Let me know if you want to go any higher than that..

Bernie