Re: Power plugs?

Brian Smithson (brian@piano.grot.starconn.com)
Mon, 4 Oct 1993 08:57:14 -0700

On Oct 4, 8:50am, Eli Brian Goldberg wrote:

> It seems to work. Will this cause problems? What was the metal sheath put
> in the computer for?

Most likely it was for EMI/RFI shielding. Your UltraLite will no longer
pass FCC class B computing device tests. Shouldn't cause any problems,
but if you notice any TV interference, try unplugging the UltraLite from
it's power brick.

> I didn't want to send it to NEC even though I'm not
> too hot at computer repairs since I didn't want to pay $100 to have a $100
> computer fixed! ;-)

Hey, if you have a Molicel battery in that UltraLite, it's worth $200. :-)

--
-Brian Smithson
 brian@grot.starconn.com