Re: Battery alternatives

Wayne Fiori ((no email))
Sun, 13 Dec 92 23:20:56 PST

You wrote:

> It seems that lots of folks are having problems with their batteries going
> dead. I've had some thoughts on this, since my own battery doesn't last two
> hours like it's supposed to.
>
> What I'm envisioning is an extension that bolts onto the bottom of the
> Ultralite using the existing bolt holes. This extension would contain a
> batch of ordinary rechargeables (AA's or something). This extension would
> add about 1/2 an inch to the thickness of the ultralite and would add maybe
> a pound to the weight, but hopefully would have capacity to power the
> computer for, say, eight hours or more.
>
> What do you all think? Would increasing the dimensions and weight of the
> ultralite to this extent spoil it, or would the increased battery life and
> ease of battery replacement be worth it?
>
> Kip Ingram
> kipper@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu

Shouldn't this work if the current and voltage of the alternative battery
pack match the molicel? Obviously I'm clueless as a hardware person. I
assume just replacing the molicel with NiCad batteries wouldn't allow the
recharger to work and could possibly cause some damage.

Just call me clueless and the proud owner of a dead molicell.

|\//\\//\\//| Wayne R Fiori            |  e-mail:  fiori@chemistry.ucsc.edu   |
|//\\//\\//\| Thimann Laboratories     |   Phone:  (408)459-3390 [office]     |
|/\\//\\//\\| Chemistry Board, UCSC    |           (408)459-2935 [fax]        |
|\\//\\//\\/| Santa Cruz, CA 95064     |           (408)459-4002 [message]    |