Re: New Baby On The Block...

Brian Smithson (brian@king.ca41.csd.mot.com)
Tue, 30 Apr 91 18:59:32 PDT

> Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1991 17:06 PDT
> From: "Douglas Brantley, Cerritos College" <BRANTLEY@Cerritos.EDU>
> Subject: New Baby On The Block...
> To: ultralite-list@csd.mot.com

Congrats on the re-birth of another UL!

> Questions for current UL users:
>
> What is the trick with the removable battery? I removed the
> battery door and followed the wires into the ROM
> compartment. How is the connection made? Did I not look
> far enough into the compartment to see the connection?
> I am wondering if I really do have the UL with the
> removable battery.

You're in the wrong compartment. You've opened up the compartment which
houses the silicon disk backup battery, which is non-removable. The
removable battery is toward the rear of the unit and is held in by a
single screw.

> Has anybody tried a data compression utility like....
> - SquishPlus
> - Stacker
> - DoubleDisk
> I would be interested in any success (failure) stories.

There was some discussion about PKLITE and XEQ a while back on this list.
I'm using both and love them. I'd be interested in the pros/cons of others.

--
-Brian Smithson
 Motorola Inc., Computer Group, Commercial Systems Division